John HAMILTON and Anne "Jane" PLUNKETT
County Mayo, Ireland to Fitzroy Township, Ontario, Canada
also other early HAMILTON families
March 4, 2013:
Here is an early Hamilton family
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN HAMILTON was born 1810 in County Mayo, Ireland, and died May 18, 1890. Came to Canada in 1837.
He married ANNE 'JANE' PLUNKETT 1834 in Ireland. She was born 1810 in County Mayo, Ireland, and died December 8, 1889 at 79 yrs.
More About JOHN HAMILTON:
Burial: St. George's Anglican Cemetery, Fitzroy Harbour, Ontario
Notes for ANNE 'JANE' PLUNKETT:
Lady Anne 'Jane' Plunkett---who had a great grandfather who supposedly was knighted by King Henry VIII for
his participation in one of the Kings matrimonial episodes -- Lady Jane lost her title when she eloped with
John Hamilton and turned Protestant.
Children of JOHN HAMILTON and ANNE PLUNKETT are:
i. JOHN2 HAMILTON.
ii. WILLIAM HAMILTON.
iii. LETITIA HAMILTON.
2. iv. ANNE HAMILTON, b. March 1, 1836, County Mayo, Ireland; d. April 8, 1921.
v. JAMES HAMILTON, b. Abt. 1841; d. 1862, 21 yrs..
More About JAMES HAMILTON:
Burial: St. George's Anglican Cemetery, Fitzroy, Ontario
vi. JANE PLUNKETT HAMILTON, b. 1841; d. 1919; m. THOMAS HAMILTON; b. 1834; d. 1900, Moved to High River, Alberta in
1889 with 9 sons 3 daughters.
3. vii. GEORGE HAMILTON, b. Abt. 1843; d. 1932.
4. viii. ESTHER HAMILTON, b. September 1846, Fitzroy Twp., Ontario 1901 census I had 1845. census says Hester.
Living with son William in 1911 census and called Ester.; d. August 9, 1927, 83 yr. Math does not add up.
ix. MARGARET HAMILTON, b. Abt. 1849.
x. SARAH HAMILTON, b. Abt. 1851.
5. xi. ELIZABETH HAMILTON, b. September 1851, Elizabeth in son Robert H.'s marriage info.; d. February 19, 1942.
Source: The late Mr. Robert Sample's database of early Protestant families in the Ottawa area.
St. George's Anglican Church, Fitzroy Harbour, Ontario, Canada
July 24, 2016:
There were Hamiltons in the Ottawa area before 1830. Here is a family with connections to Pontiac County.
This seems to be another Goulbourn Township / Pontiac County connection ...
WILLIAM HAMILTON and LOUISA HORNER
Generation No. 1
1. WILLIAM HAMILTON was born Abt. 1845. He married LOUISA HORNER. She was born Abt. 1845.
(Ralph C Horner came to Brockville in 1893 and started the Holiness Movement in Brockville and Watertown, USA.)
Child of WILLIAM HAMILTON and LOUISA HORNER is:
2. i. ROBERT JOHN (JACK)2 HAMILTON, b. September 07, 1871, Pontiac County, Que; d. February 21, 1947, Bryson, Que..
Generation No. 2
2. ROBERT JOHN (JACK)2 HAMILTON (WILLIAM1) was born September 07, 1871 in Pontiac County, Que, and died February 21, 1947
in Bryson, Que.. He married JANE EMMELINE EBERT June 26, 1900, daughter of JAMES EBERT and MARY JUDD. She was born
1875, and died May 17, 1914.
Children of ROBERT HAMILTON and JANE EBERT are:
i. WINNIFRED LUCINDA3 HAMILTON, b. 1905.
ii. JAMES EBERT HAMILTON, b. October 09, 1906; m. LEONA ALBRECHDT, October 05, 1929, James dee Marathon Shores, Florida.; b. Abt. 1910, Detroit, Michigan, USA.
iii. EARL HAMILTON, b. Abt. 1907.
iv. IRVIN HAMILTON, b. Abt. 1908.
v. GRACE MARY CONTENT HAMILTON, b. Abt. 1909; d. 1962; m. LEESON H. STEPHENS; b. Abt. 1909.
vi. BUNNY HAMILTON, b. 1913.
vii. JEAN HAMILTON, b. May 05, 1914, Shawville, Que; d. October 07, 2000, Port Hope, Ont; m. BASIL JOHN COX; b. Abt. 1910.
Source: The late Robert Sample's database.
E-mail Al Lewis
Back to Fitzroy Harbour - History and Genealogy in the Ottawa, Canada, area
Bytown or Bust is also on